There has be no short of Bollywood movies in 2018, with huge releases such as ‘Padmaavat’, ‘Padman’, ‘Sonu Ke Titu Ki Sweety’, ‘Race 3’, ‘Raazi’, and many more others. Not only have fans adored these movies around the world, they’ve also been hitting the jackpot at the Box office.
With 2019 around the corner, we can already expect to see some huge films releasing in the new year. We look at some of flicks releasing next year.
- Punjabi culture has been heavily involved in Bollywood over the years, and now Bollywood stars Akshay Kumar and Parineeti Chopra have joined forced to bring out the upcoming Indian period war drama, Kesari. The story follows the life and times of Havildar Ishar Singh who fought hard to earn the respect of his estranged daughter. The flick is slated to be released 22nd March 2019.
View this post on Instagram
And it’s a wrap for #Kesari…a film which swells up my chest with immense pride. Get ready to witness the bravest battle ever fought on 21st March, 2019. @parineetichopra @karanjohar @apoorva1972 #AnuragSingh #SunirKheterpal #CapeOfGoodFilms @dharmamovies #AzureEntertainment @zeestudiosofficial
- One of the most anticipated movies of 2019 is set to be ‘Gully Boy’ starring newly married Ranveer Singh and Alia Bhatt. The Zoya Akhtar directorial is set to be based on the lives of real-life rappers Vivian Fernades aka Divine and Naved Shaikh aka Naezy. It’s scheduled for release on Valentine’s Day.
- Real life couple Ranbir Kapoor and Alia Bhatt will be joining forces with legend Amitabh Bachchan in ‘Brahmastra’. The Ayan Mukerji directorial is set to be part of a trilogy, and reportedly to be spanned over 10 years. Producer and Bollywood queen Karan Johar has described this movie as ‘romantic-fairy-tale in a supernatural format’. We can expect to catch this movie towards the end of 2019.
- Another highly anticipated movie in 2019 is ‘Super 30’. The flick is a biographical drama based on the life of Anand Kumar. Bollywood heartthrob Hrithik Roshan will be bringing one of the most respectable names in the education field to the big screen. The movie based on the mathematician is set to release in January 2019.
- Diljit Dosanjh will be hitting the Bollywood screens once again and this time alongside Kareena Kapoor Khan, Akshay Kumar and Kiara Advani in ‘Good News’. The ‘dramedy’ film will be based on Akshay and Kareena’s characters who are trying to conceive a baby, and Diljit and Kiara will also be playing a Punjabi couple also trying to conceive. We can catch ‘Good News’ in cinemas 19th July 2019.
- A female leading flick in the form of ‘Manikarnika’’ will hitting the screens next month starring Bollywood Queen Kangana Ranaut. The movie has been co directed by the actress and Krish Jagarlamudi. It’s set to be one of the highest earning movies of the year, but only time will tell.
- The sequel to 2012’s ‘Student of the Year’ is finally coming! Karan Johar has lined up a whole new cast including Bollywood hunk Tiger Shroff. The first movie was a huge hit and built Alia Bhatt’s career. The sequal will be hitting the big screens in May 2019.
- Bollywood wouldn’t be complete without a Salman Khan movie, and fans will be happy to see him returning in the new year in ‘Bharat’. Priyanca Chopra was originally the lead actress but due to personal reasons, she had to pull out of the flick. Katrina Kaif, Disha Patani and Tabu will be playing prominent roles, and we can catch it in cinemas June 2019.
- Another franchise to hit the big screen once again is the super hit flick ‘Housefull’. ‘Houseful 4’ will be full of all your favourite B-Town celebs such as Akshay Kumar, Bobby Deol, Ritesh Deshmukh, Pooja Hedge, Kriti Sanon and Kriti Kharbanda. Each ‘Housefull’ flick has done well at the Box Office, and we’re sure this will another hit when it lands in cinemas 25th October 2019.
- Arjun Kapoor is set to hit the big screen again and this time in three more flicks. We will see the Bollywood actor in ‘Panipat’, ‘India’s Most Wanted’ and ‘Sandeep Aur Pinky Faraar’. His last release ‘Namaste England’ featuring Parineet Chopra didn’t do well in the box office, but here’s to successful releases in 2019.