The sun is shining and what better way to keep cool in the hot weather, than to be sipping on a refreshing cocktail to keep you hydrated.
With so many choices available, we narrowed it down to the top 10 must try cocktails this summer, that are sure to become your drink for life.
CÎROC Colada Sunrise
The CÎROC Summer Colada is back! Crafted using natural pineapple and coconut flavours, it delivers a smooth taste of coconut cream and a juicy tropical fruity note, making this a perfect summer drink.
- 45ml CÎROC Summer Colada
- 30ml Passionfruit Juice
- 40ml Orange Juice
- 20ml Lemon Juice
Garnish: Wheel of fresh lemon, Thai basil and a small orchid flower.
Serve: Pour all ingredients in a shaker over ice. Shake and strain.
Tequila Rose Margarita
Impress your friends, with an Instagram worthy Tequila rose twist on the classic Strawberry Margarita.
- 256g crushed ice
- 4oz strawberry puree
- Splash of lime juice
- Splash of triple sec
- 5oz of Tequila Rose
- Strawberry to garnish
- Optional splash of Guava juice
- Add all the ingredients to a blender
- Blend until smooth
- Pour mix into a glass
- Garnish with a strawberry
The Mojito (Courtesy of Frizzenti)
You can never go wrong with the classic Mojito during the summer.
- 10 fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 lime cut into 4 wedges
- 2 tablespoons sugar, or to taste
- 5 or 6 ice cubes
- 1 shot of rum
- 120ml soda water
- Place mint leaves and 1 of the lime wedges into a tall glass
- Crush the mint and lime to release flavours and juice
- Add 2 more lime wedges and the sugar, and crush again to release more lime juice.
- Fill the glass with ice, and pour the shot of rum over the ice
- Fill the glass with soda water
- Stir, taste and garnish with the remaining lime wedge
Pimm’s Strawberry Sparkle (Courtesy of Waitrose)
- 200ml Pimm’s Strawberry with A Hint of Mint
- 400ml sparkling wine
- Sliced strawberries, to serve
- Divide the Pimm’s between 4 Champagne flutes. Top up with sparkling wine, decorate with sliced strawberries and serve.
Boodles Love Struck
- 40ml Boodles Dry Gin
- 20ml Marendry cherry bitter aperitif
- 15ml sugar
- 1 lemon
- 1 dash crème de mure
- 1 thyme sprig
- Shake and strain over crushed ice + cap, dehydrated lemon and thyme sprig
The Blackcurrant Mojito
The Blackcurrant Mojito by British Cassis is the perfect twist on the classic mojito – it’s delicious, refreshing and super easy to make!
- 60ml Dark Rum
- 30ml Lime Juice
- 15ml British Cassis
- 12 fresh mint leaves
- 5ml sugar syrup
- Soda Water
- Lightly muddle the mint leaves, lime juice and sugar at the bottom of a tall glass. Add crushed ice to half fill the glass. Pour over the rum and liqueur and stir lightly.
- Add more ice to fill the glass and top with soda water. Garnish with the mint sprig.
The Dingle Fruit Cocktail
Entertain in style with this refreshing summer punch cocktail style recipe, which can also be made and batched in advance to take to picnic’s / summer BBQs. Serve up in a bowl or giant mason jar and let people help themselves. A fruity gin-based rival to the classic English Pimms.
- 70cl Dingle Original Gin
- 35cl Mineral Water
- 12cl Creme de Framboise
- 12cl Creme de Cassis
- 35cl Lemon Juice
- 12cl Sugar Syrup
- 75ml Orgeat Syrup
- 1-punnet raspberries
- 2 oranges sliced in half moons
- 2 lemons sliced in wheels
- 75cl Brut Champagne
- Combine all ingredients except champagne in a good-sized serving punch bowl and refrigerate for 4-5 hours.
- To serve, add large ice chunks and top with the champagne
- Gently stir and ladle out with fruit
- Serve immediately
The Dingle Bouquet
A floral summer inspired cocktail which can be created in batch or bottled into miniatures as a gift/picnic serve. It’s beautifully instagrammable and the perfect tipple for the summer season.
- 350ml Dingle Original Gin
- 1 cup Rose Petals
- 75ml Orange Blossom Water
- 20ml Violet Essence
- 1 Vanilla Pod
- Add all the ingredients to a sealable container and allow the gin to infuse for 24-48 hours.
- Strain out the solids and petals and either serve immediately or decant into miniature bottles.
- Perfect as a champagne topper with a splash of strawberry liqueur to sweeten, or serve with soda water for a refreshing floral cocktail.
Summer Berry Cocktail
- 50g mixed berries – blackberries, strawberries and blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 30ml Vodka
- 1 drop Mint Spice Drops®
- 1 drop Cardamom Spice Drops®
- Pomegranate and rose liqueur
- Crushed ice
- Fresh blueberries and a sprig of mint for garnish
- Blend the mixed berries in a blender to make a smooth puree.
- Shake well, some crushed ice, the puree, the Spice Drops® and vodka. Strain and pour into a tall glass.
- Top up with the liqueur. Garnish with floating blueberries and a sprig of fresh mint.
Apple and Elderflower Cardamom Cooler Cocktail
- 1 drop of Cardamom Spice Drops®
- 50 ml apple and elderflower cordial
- 200ml water
- Slice of lime or green apple to garnish
- Mix all the ingredients in a shaker and strain into glass over fresh ice.
- Garnish with the slice of lime or apple.