It may be winter time, but with the party season underway, trying out new cocktails is the perfect way to get into the party spirit.
We all know cocktails are great beverages, but we came across some special cocktails with an Indian twist. These beverages are a perfect combination of east meets west, and can be enjoyed by anyone – over the age of 18 of course.
We’ve picked out our top 5 cocktails with an Indian twist. Check them out below!
Pink’s Mango Lassi
The Mango Lassi is a popular beverage in Indian restaurants, and has been given a great alcoholic twist. The combination of sweet and savoury will leave you wanting more.
- 50ml of Pinkster Gin
- 100 ml of M&S Freshly Squeezed Orange Juice and Crushed Mango (Alternatively mix freshly squeezed orange juice with mango purée about 5 to 1)
- 100 ml of coconut water
- Juice of one clementine
- A few sprigs of coriander
- Muddle the coriander in the gin before adding the ice and the rest of the ingredients.
- Shake, then strain into a tall collins glass.
- Garnish with a thick slice of freshly cut root ginger, dropped in the drink.
Cardamom Negroni Cocktail
- 15ml Campari
- 15ml BTW Tonic Syrup
- 30ml Gin
- 30ml Sweet Vermouth
- 1 drop of Cardamom Spice Drops®
- Mix all the ingredients and aerate.
- Strain over fresh ice
This exotic tasting cocktail will transport you to the busy streets of India.
- 45ml Cocounut fat-washed Patrón Reposado tequila
- 22.5ml Pandan Cynar
- 22.5ml Antica Formula
- 2 dashes of Curry leaves bitters
- Orange Zest for garnish
- Add all ingredients into a mixing glass and stir with ice.
- Strain into a chilled coupette.
- Garnish with an orange zest.
Star of Bombay & Natural Indian Tonic Water
- 35ml Star of Bombay
- 15ml St Germain Elderflower Liqueur
- Franklin & Sons Natural Indian Tonic Water
- Twilled lemon peel & cardamom pods
- In a copa glass, fill two thirds with cubed ice.
- Pour both the gin and elderflower liqueur to measure then top with Franklin & Sons Natural Indian Tonic Water.
- To garnish, this serve works best with a twilled lemon peel & cardamom pods.
The Mumbai Margarita
- 45ml Patrón Reposado
- 15ml Patrón Citrónge Lime
- 30ml Fresh lime juice
- 15ml Fresh mango puree
- 15ml Spicy rose syrup*
- Green chili-salt rim**
- Dehydrated lime wheel for garnish
- Mint sprig for garnish
- Combine ingredients in a cocktail shaker and shake with ice to chill.
- Strain into a chilled cocktail coupe with a chili-salt rim.
- Garnish with a dehydrated lime wheel and mint sprig.
* Spicy rose syrup:
Mix .5 oz simple syrup, a jalapeño coin and a dash of rose water.
** Green chili-salt rim:
Fresh green chilies, cilantro and a bit of garlic.