Black Business Live 2020 is a one-day global live stream event, dedicated to showcasing the positive contribution of black-owned businesses.
Black Business Live 2020, which coincides with Black History Month, promises to be an interactive day of empowering and learning to help organisations and individuals grow and scale their business.
Businesses across the UK are being encouraged to get involved with the virtual event that celebrates black-owned businesses this week.
BritAsia TV caught up with Joel Blake co-founder of MWC Global and event organiser, together with his business partner Malikha McDonald – who shared their inspiration behind Black Business Live, the emphasis on ‘black excellence’ and what attendees can expect.
Watch the interview here:
John Maude, chair of NatWest’s Midlands and East regional board, said: “We are very much looking forward to the Black Business Live event and supporting some of the great work that is happening across our communities.
“We know that black-led businesses have a vital role to play in our local economy and, as a bank, supporting enterprise is central to our purpose.”
- Hear inspirational talks from leading, award-winning entrepreneurs
- Take part in practical business builder growth training sessions delivered live
- Engage in interactive entrepreneurial panels
- Vote in BBL’s live pitching competition
- Gain insights into black culture, comedy and more
- Keith Shayaam-Smith, chairman of The Legacy Centre of Excellence – Europe’s largest black-owned business and arts centre
- Jamila Davis, senior business development manager for the Greater Birmingham Commonwealth and Transatlantic Chambers of Commerce
- Alex Cole, chief executive and co-founder of Tin Smart Social, a digital skills and talent consulting agency and more