The party season is upon, and as the joyous occasion only comes once a year, why not go all out and celebrate in style.
There is nothing like having a great drink with your friends and family, but do drink responsibly.
Tis the season to be jolly so we’ve put together a list of festive drinks that will get you into the party mood.
White Chocolate Toddy – Recipe courtesy of Waitrose Cellar
This cocktail oozes Christmas, and reminds us of Winter Wonderland in a glass!
- 330ml milk
- 50g chopped white chocolate
- 50ml Malibu
- Grated white chocolate
- Toasted coconut flakes
- Heat milk in a pan until simmering.
- Remove from the heat and add the chopped white chocolate.
- Stir until the chocolate has melted and put back on the heat to warm through.
- Add the Malibu and pour into a heatproof glass.
- Garnish with the grated white chocolate and toasted coconut flakes.
Christmas Martini – Recipe courtesy of Waitrose Cellar
Martini’s are great for every occasion, and this recipe adds a bit of class to your Christmas celebrations.
- 50ml Opihr Oriental Spiced Gin
- 10ml dry vermouth
- Orange peel, studded with cloves, to garnish
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Add the gin and vermouth, stir until chilled.
- Strain into a chilled martini glass and garnish with clove studded orange peel.
Snowball – Recipe courtesy of Waitrose Cellar
There’s nothing more that reminds us of Christmas than the colour red, and the combination of the colours in this drink will put you right into the Christmas spirit.
- 6 raspberries
- 3 tsp Chambord
- 3 scoops Waitrose 1 Limoncello Italian Gelato
- Prosecco to top up
- Frozen redcurrants or berries to garnish
Method – Recipe courtesy of Waitrose Cellar
- Put 2 raspberries in the bottom of 3 martini glasses and squash with the back of a spoon.
- Stir 1 tsp Chambord into each.
- Add a scoop of gelato to each glass and top up with Prosecco.
- Garnish with redcurrants or berries.
Red Hot Santa Tini Cocktail
- 60 ml vodka
- 60 ml Dark chocolate liqueur
- Cocoa powder
- 1+3 drops Chilli Spice Drops®
- 2-4 tbsp. of sweetened whipped cream
- One small Thai chili pepper as garnish
- 1 tsp. paprika powder
- Mix 1 drop of Chilli Spice Drops® in sugar syrup to wet the rim of the glass.
- Mix cocoa powder and paprika on a flat plate, and rim a chilled martini glass with it.
- In a shaker add the vodka, 3 drops Chilli Spice Drops® and the chocolate liqueur. Shake and pour the mixture into the prepared glass.
- Top it off with the dollops of whipping cream and garnish by floating the chili pepper on top of the cream.
Night Before Christmas – Recipe courtesy of Waitrose Cellar
The combination cinnamon and warm spice in this cocktail will make this a Christmas classic.
- 3 rooibois teabags
- 120ml vodka
- 80ml limoncello
- 2 1/2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 1/2 tbsp warm spice syrup
- 1 lemon
- 1 orange
- 1 grapefruit
- Cinnamon sticks
- Blackberries (handful)
- Raspberries (handful)
- Cherries (handful)
- Add all 3 teabags to 500ml boiling water and set aside to infuse for 3 minutes, then remove the teabags.
- In a pitcher, mix together the vodka, the limocello, the lemon juice, the warm spice syrup (you can infuse Vedrenne Vanilla Syrup with cinnamon, cloves, cardomom and nutmeg) and then add the tea. Stir well.
Black Forest Martini – Recipe courtesy of Waitrose Cellar
This cocktail will go down a treat, and can be enjoyed after a filling dinner.
- 50ml Creme de cacoa
25ml Cherry brandy
10 – 15ml Creme de cassis
Chocolate cream topping:
- 25ml Chocolate flavoured Irish Cream liquor
100ml Whipping cream
- 10g Dark chocolate
- 1 Glace cherry
For the chocolate cream:
- Whip the chocolate flavoured Irish Cream liquor with 100ml of whipping cream until it is lightly aerated. It should still be a pouring consistency.
For the main drink:
- Fill a martini glass with ice to chill.
- Fill your cocktail shaker three quarters full of ice.
- Add the crème de cacoa, cherry brandy and crème de cassis.
- Shake vigorously for around 15 seconds to ensure that it is well mixed and well chilled.
- Empty your martini glass and strain your cocktail into the glass.
Top with the chocolate whipped cream, grate over dark chocolate and garnish with a glace cherry.
Tia Maria Iced Popcorn Frappe
Sit down and relax with a Tia Maria Iced Popcorn Frappe, whilst you pop on a Christmas movie that is sure to get you in the Christmas mood.
- 50ml Tia Maria
- 50ml milk
- Double shot of espresso
- 20ml popcorn syrup
- Shake all ingredients and pour over cubed ice
- Garnish with popcorn
This cocktail will bring some class and sophistication to any Christmas party.
- 175g blackberries
- 50g caster sugar, plus an extra 1 tbsp
- 6 tbsp brandy
- 1 bottle chilled of Champagne or sparkling wine
The smell of Gingerbread is enough to put you into the Christmas mood.
- 1 ½ shots of vodka
- 1 ½ shots of Pedro Ximénez sherry
- Cawston Press Ginger Beer
- Couple of lemons
- 2 large pinches of ground ginger
- 1 large pinch each of ground mixed spice and ground cinnamon.
- Slices of root ginger
- Shake 1½ shots each of Vodka and Pedro Ximénez sherry, the juice of ½ lemon and 2 large pinches of ground ginger and a pinch each of ground cinnamon and ground mixed spice in an ice-filled shaker.
- Strain into an ice filled Collins glass.
- Top with Cawston Press Ginger Beer and garnish with slices of lemon and root ginger. Serve with straws.
A traditional Christmas delight among many, Warninks Advocaat returns this winter for a retro treat!
- 50ml Warninks Advocaat
- Lemonade or Soda
- 0.25ml Fresh Lime juice/ Lime Cordial
- Shake the Advocaat and lime juice or lime cordial together. Pour into a highball filled with ice. Top up with lemonade or soda.
CÎROC Naughty & Nice
This cheeky cocktail is sure to sweeten up the festivities!
- 35ml CÎROC French Vanilla
- 20ml Pink Grapefruit Juice
- 10ml Honey
- 15ml Ginger Cordial
- 50ml French Dessert Wine
- 50ml Sparkling Water
All ingredients are poured directly into the glass over lots of ice and stirred until mixed well and chilled.