Galentine’s Day is a day to celebrate with your best girlfriends, and to forget about the dreaded Valentine’s Day.
There is nothing like spending a night in with your BFF’s, with a chick flick on and surrounded by tasty snacks!
This Galentine’s Day, why not have a girl’s night in and sip on some fun and girly cocktails! Whether you’re single or not, these tasty cocktails will make the perfect addition to your night.
There’s no denying that Prosecco is the nation’s favourite, with a reported £140m bottles of fizz being confused last year alone.
Why not pink up your glass of prosecco with this recipe from Fentimans.
- 125ml Prosecco
- 125ml Rose Lemonade
- Serve over ice
- Garnish with Blueberries and Rosemary or Thyme
Aluna Coconut Cranberry Fizz
- 40ml Aluna
- 20ml Lycée liqueur (Briottet)
- 75ml Cranberry
- Squeeze of lime (1 wedge)
- Top with soda
- Glass: Collins
Garnish: Dried cranberry/the spent lime wedge and an edible flower if you’re feeling romantic.
Passionfruit Bellini (Courtesy of Waitrose)
- 1 passion fruit
- 250ml chilled rosé Champagne or sparkling rosé wine
- 2 tbsp orange liqueur eg Cointreau
- Halve the passion fruit and scoop the flesh and seeds into a small sieve or tea strainer. Press with the back of a spoon to extract the juice then place in the fridge along with 2 Champagne saucers or flutes and leave to chill.
- Pour the sparkling wine (or Champagne) into the glasses then add the liqueur and 1 tsp of the passion fruit juice into each glass – the wine will foam rapidly as the passion fruit is added.
Raspberry Champagne (Courtesy of Waitrose)
- 15ml Chambord Black Raspberry Liqueur
- 125ml chilled Champagne or Prosecco
- A fresh raspberry, basil leaf and lemon twist, to serve
- Pour the raspberry liqueur into a flute or other tall glass.
- Top up with the Champagne or Prosecco.
- Decorate with the raspberry, basil leaf and lemon twist before serving immediately.
- Crème de violette or Crème Yvette
- ½ oz of Maraschino Liquor
- 1 ½ oz Indian Summer Gin
- ½ oz Lemon Juice
- Add all ingredients into cocktail shaker filled with ice
- Shake well and strain into cocktail glass
- Garnish with a cherry
Fine & Dandy
- 1 oz Absolut Vodka
- 1/2 oz Sipsmith Sloe Gin
- 1/2 oz Disaronno Amaretto
- 2 Bar Spoons Mixed fruits jam
- 3/4 oz Lemon juice
- 1/4 oz Vanilla syrup
You must shake it hard to break up the jam, once mixed, strain into a jar, rubbing in as much of the jam as possible. Top with dandelion & burdock and garnish with a large mint spring, redcurrants and icing sugar.
Royal Red Cranberry Fizz
These canape sized alcoholic lollies will take your Galentine’s Day party to a whole new level!
- 200g/2 cups cranberries (fresh or frozen)
- 100g/1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon finely grated orange zest
- 560ml/21/3 cups freshly squeezed orange juice (from about 6–7 oranges)
- 3 tablespoons orange liqueur or apricot brandy
- Champagne, to serve
For the garnish (optional):
- Couple of cranberries and mint leaf or sliver of grapefruit for each
- Put the cranberries, sugar, orange zest and juice in a saucepan and simmer for 10–15 minutes, until the cranberries have burst, and their juices are released. Remove from the heat and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Blend the mixture to a purée in a food processor, then strain through a fine-mesh sieve, stirring and pressing with the back of a spoon to extract all the juices. Stir in the orange liqueur or apricot brandy.
- Pour the mixture into the moulds, leaving a little space at the top. If you like, drop a couple of cranberries, a mint leaf or a sliver of grapefruit into the top of each.
- Freeze until slushy, 60–90 minutes, then insert the sticks and freeze until solid, at least 5 hours or overnight.
Bloom Clover Club
- 40ml BLOOM London Dry Gin
- 15ml Peach Liqueur
- 25ml Lemon Juice
- 20ml Raspberry Syrup
- 1 egg white
- Crack and separate the egg in a cocktail shaker, add all the other ingredients and shake well.
- Strain into a Coupette Glass and garnish with an edible flower
Lady of the House
The mix of the different fruits in this drink, will have you sipping on it all night!
- 25ml Gin
- 25ml Belvoir Elderflower & Rose Cordial
- 15ml Apricot Brandy
- 15ml Egg white
- 25ml Fresh lemon juice
- 10ml Sugar syrup 1:1
Glassware: Champagne saucer
- Mix the ingredients together and shake. Strain into the glass.
Garnish: Lemon zest, Dried Rose petals and berry dusting.
White Flower Martini
For you girls who want the perfect Instagram pic of the night, then this is a fab cocktail for you to include in your picture for the gram!
- 15ml Elderflower Cordial
- 35ml vodka (suggest raspberry flavour)
- 15ml Limoncello
- 50ml Lychee juice
- Add all ingredients with ice and shake quickly then strain into a martini glass, garnish with a floating red rose petal
Cherry Rosa (Courtesy of Patrón)
Enjoy tequila the classy way, in this simple yet delicious cocktail.
- 40ml Patrón Silver Tequila
- 10ml Sweet Vermoth
- 15ml Fresh lemon juice
- 15ml Cherry preserves
- Mint leaf for garnish
- Combine all ingredients expect mint leaf in a cocktail shaker and shake with ice to chill.
- Strain into a chilled coupe and garnish with a small sprig of mint.