Lakshmi Mittal and family have exalted to fifth place in this year’s Sunday Times Rich List while Sri and Gopi Hinduja fall to third place.
The Indian steel magnate Lakshmi Mittal is up 14 places since 2020 with a net increase of £7.899 billion to £14.68 billion.
Despite Sri and Gopi Hinduja falling from first place for the third consecutive year, the industry and finance billionaires still remain in the top five. Their net worth was up by £1bn in 2021 with a total of £17bn.
Full Top 5 Sunday Times Rich List 2021:
1. Sir Leonard Blavatnik – Investment, music and media – £23bn, up £7.219bn
2. David and Simon Reuben – Property and internet – £21.465bn, up £5.465bn
3. Sri and Gopi Hinduja and family – Industry and finance – £17bn, up £1bn
4. Sir James Dyson and family – Household goods and technology – £16.3bn, up £100m
5. Lakshmi Mittal and family – Steel – £14.68bn, up £7.899bn
Read more about the Rich List via The Sunday Times.