“You”, “User(s)” shall mean you shall mean you, the user of the Site. “BritAsia”, “We”, “Us” means BritAsia TV Ltd. and any member of the BritAsia TV network group of companies. We understand and respect the importance of your privacy and herein below we explain:
I. what information we collect about you
II. who is collecting data
III. how we will use this information
V. how data is stored and who it could be shared with
VI. your rights and how to exercise them
VIII. other websites
(i) What information we collect about you
For the purposes mentioned in the following paragraph “Why it is being collected” we collect the following categories of personal data when you register on our website, participate in our surveys/ competitions or subscribe to our newsletters, alerts or other services:
Contact details (telephone number, email address and/or postal address)
Date of birth
We also collect information about your website usage by using cookies (see below).(ii) Who is collecting data
Data will be collected by BritAsia with business address: 158 Broad Street, Birmingham B15 1DT phone number: 03334440840 and email address: email@example.com.
The Head of Data Protection of BritAsia is Gurjit Singh who can be contacted by the following methods:
a. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org,
b. Telephone: 03334440840,
c. Post: 158 Broad Street, Birmingham B15 1DT.
(iii) How we will use this information
We will use this information for the following purposes:
a. to notify you, if you agree when you register on our website, of our new services, if any, that we offer and we think may be of interest to you. If you no longer wish to receive these notifications you can opt out at any time by sending us an e-mail at email@example.com.
b. To notify you of competition results or give general competition information when you register or take part in any of our competitions.
c. to occasionally ask you to participate in one of our surveys or competition or to ask you to provide feedback to us with respect to them.
d. to allow you to apply for job positions with us through our career portal.
f. to inform you about new programming which we may playing on our channels;
g. to inform you about our upcoming events or third party events where BritAsia is a media partner;
h. to send out emailers with respect to our activities;
We would like to send you information about new services, deals, events, promotional material etc. of ours and companies within our group which may be of interest to you. If you have consented to receive marketing, you can opt out at a later date.
You have a right at any time to stop us from contacting you for marketing purposes.
If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes you can opt out at any time by sending us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
(v) How data is stored and with whom it could be shared
Data is recorded on paper and IT systems. Basic personal data (name, email address and postal address)will be stored on our CRM system which is accessible by the sales and marketing team and any other relevant team for the above-mentioned purposes.
Data may reside on shared IT systems with one of our group companies, who will be able to access the data for the above-mentioned purposes only.
Your Data will be subject to cross-border transfers to India, USA and UAE as permitted under relevant data protections laws [the adequacy decision (Art.45), binding corporate rules (Art. 47), standard data protection clauses derogations and safeguards (Art. 46.2 & Art. 49) of the GDPR.]
The group companies comply with the data protection policy rules of the Privacy Shield by assuming the data protection obligations established.
We will only share your information with other entities within our group or third party companies when:
– you agree for us to share this information with third party companies to receive marketing material from them;
– sharing your information with other entities within our group or third party companies (such as our suppliers) if necessary to perform the services you have requested from us.
Without prejudice to any communications made to comply with legal or contractual obligations, data may also be disclosed to external parties as required by laws or regulations (e.g. court, tribunal, Regulatory Authority or Governmental Entity).
When we share your information with other entities within our group or contracted third party companies, we take all reasonable steps to ensure that your information and privacy are protected in line with the applicable legal obligations.
Data will be stored for a period of 6 (six) years from our last successful contact with you or until your consent is withdrawn.
(vi) Your rights and how to exercise them
You have the right to determine how we use your data and to oppose to the purposes of processing at any time. You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, without affecting the lawful processing of data based on consent up to the point of its withdrawal. Consent can be withdrawn at any time.
We remind you that you have the right to request from us access to and rectification or erasure of personal data, or a restriction of processing, or to object to processing of data concerning you.
You also have the right to receive your personal data that you provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit such data to another controller without hindrance from us. In exercising your right to data portability, you have the right to have your personal data transmitted directly from a controller to another, where technically feasible.
If you want to exercise any of these rights, then please contact us by sending an email at the address mentioned in the previous section no. (ii) or an email directly contacting the Head of Data Protection.
If you consider that the processing of your personal data infringes applicable data protection laws, as data subject you have the right, without prejudice to any other administrative or judicial remedy, to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular, in the Member State of your habitual residence, place of work or place of the alleged infringement or report a concern with the Information Commissioner’s office at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/.
Cookies are small text files that websites save locally to your computer, which allow sites to store and use information during your visit. They can improve your experience when using a website by (i) remembering preferences, so you don’t have to keep re-entering your choices when you visit again (ii) measuring how you use a site, so that changes can be made to ensure it meets your needs.
We only use first-party Google Analytics cookies to track anonymous usage statistics and do not collect any personal information that can be used to identify you. This helps us analyse data about webpage usage and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs.
Measuring our website usage: Google Analytics stores information about what pages you visit, how long you are on the site, how you got here and what you click on. We do not allow Google to use or share our analytics data.
Google Analytics does not collect any personal information. Google also offers a browser plugin that allows users to opt out of their analytics.
Running our sites, session cookies: We also use session cookies to remember selections and preferences that you’ve already made or information that you’ve already given. Certain parts of our sites will not work if cookies cannot be set (for example if you set your browser to refuse all cookies).
We do not use any of our first-party cookies to hold any personal information or track users across multiple sites.
You can manage the cookies stored on your computer, or turn them off completely, through your browser settings. Be aware that this may affect your browsing experience or even prevent you from using certain services such as those with a secure login, which require cookies to be set in order to work.
All modern browsers will let you change your cookie settings to give you broad control over whether cookies can be set or not. For more information, visit the help section for the browser you use.
(viii) Other websites
This privacy notice applies only to this site which contains links to other websites. If you access websites through the links you should read the privacy policies specific to those websites.
When connecting to our radio stream, your IP address will be sent to our radio service provider in order for us to track listening trends and provide licensing bodies with royalty reports. Once our service provider receives your IP it is immediately anonymised, deleted and becomes untraceable. This data is never sold on or passed to other companies.
For iOS Apps
The BritAsia Radio iOS App does not collect any user data when installed or launched on your device.
For Android Apps
The BritAsia Radio Android App does not collect any user data during use. In order to provide audio control during Phone App use, the App will monitor the ‘state’ of the phone App (Idle, in call, call ended) if applicable on your device. At no point will the App be able to listen in or derive phone numbers or data.
The Android App also requires access to local storage. This is to store its configuration for faster launch times.
BritAsia TV App
**Collection and Use**
We collect and use your information below to provide our Services and to measure and improve them over time. We collect and use the information we receive about you in the following ways:
1. **Browsing BritAsia TV app:** You can watch videos on BritAsia TV appwithout having an account. You also can contact us through our website or by emailing us directly without having to register for an account.
2. **Your BritAsia TV Account:** For some activities on BritAsia TV app, like uploading videos, posting comments, flagging videos, or watching premium videos, you need a BritAsia TV app account. We ask for some personal information when you create an account, including your email address and a password, which is used to protect your account from unauthorized access. If you’re subscribing to the Services to publish your content, we may ask for your company name and the domain name you will use in association with the Services. We use this information to authenticate you on the Services and to provide, improve, and secure the Services.
3. **Additional Information:** You may provide us with profile information to make public on the Services, such as a short biography, your location, your website, or a picture. If you email us or message us through the Services, we may keep your message, email address, and contact information to respond to your request.
4. **Your Affiliate Account:** For activities involving earnings and payment, we may ask for social security or EIN information, as well as banking information, to successfully process payments to you and comply with United States tax laws. This information will not be used in any other way.
5. **Usage Information:** When you use BritAsia TV app, we may record information about your usage of the site, such as the communities you subscribe to, which other users you communicate with, the videos you watch, the frequency and size of data transfers, and information you display about yourself.
6. **Links:** BritAsia TV app may keep track of how you interact with links across our Services, including our email notifications, third-party services, and client applications, by redirecting clicks or through other means.
8. **Log Data:** When you use our Services, we may receive information (“Log Data”) such as your IP address, browser type, operating system, the referring web page, pages visited, location, your mobile carrier, device information, search terms, and cookie information.
9. **Commerce Transactions:** You may provide your payment information, including your credit or debit card number, card expiration date, CVV code, and billing address (“Payment Information”) to complete a commerce transaction through our Services.
10. **Third Parties:** BritAsia TV app uses a variety of third-party services to help provide our Services, such as hosting our Services and helping us understand and improve the use of our Services, such as Google Analytics.
11. **Sharing on Third-Party Services:** BritAsia TV app provides you features that enable you to share your content to third-party services such as Facebook or social media sites.
12. **“Do Not Track” Signals:** Because we want to provide you with a personalised experience on the Services, both in terms of functionality and advertising, we do not change our behaviour based on a web browser’s Do Not track signal.
**Sharing and Disclosure**
We do not disclose your private personal information except in the limited circumstances described here.
1. **User Consent or Direction:** We may share or disclose your information at your direction, such as when you authorize a third-party web client or application to access your account.
2. **Service Providers:** We engage service providers to perform functions and provide services to us in the United States, Ireland, and other countries.
3. **Commerce Transactions:** If you engage in a commerce transaction on the Services, we may provide the seller, commerce provider, or publisher with your name, email address, Payment Information, and Transaction Data to facilitate payment processing.
4. **Law and Harm:** We may preserve or disclose your information if we believe that it is reasonably necessary to comply with a law, regulation, legal process, or governmental request.
5. **Business Transfers and Affiliates:** In the event that BritAsia TV is involved in a bankruptcy, merger, acquisition, reorganization, or sale of assets, your information may be sold or transferred as part of that transaction.
6. **Non-Private or Non-Personal Information:** We may share or disclose your non-private, aggregated, or otherwise non-personal information.
If you have a BritAsia TV Account, you may update or correct your personal profile information, email preferences, and privacy settings at any time by visiting your account profile page.
We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure, or destruction of data.
**Accessing and Updating Personal Information**
When you use BritAsia TV services, we make good faith efforts to provide you with access to your personal information and either to correct this data if it is inaccurate or to delete such data at your request if it is not otherwise required to be retained by law or for legitimate business purposes.
**Under California’s “Shine the Light” law:** California Residents have the legal right to request information about how BritAsia TV and its content providers use and share their personal information. If you wish to request a report regarding how your information is being used and shared, please contact BritAsia TV directly at email@example.com
**Our Policy Towards Children**
Our Services are not directed to persons under 13. If you become aware that your child has provided us with personal information without your consent, please contact us here.
— end —